Have a query about our our mobile app? Read on for some answers to our most commonly asked questions and let us help steer you on course...
Q. What are the benefits of using the Ampjar mobile app?
A. We’ve designed our app with two things in mind - speed and portability! It’s now easier and faster than ever to shoutout other small businesses thanks to our the introduction of our new swipe and tap functionality PLUS, using the app allows you to post your shoutout direct to Insta Stories whenever and wherever the mood strikes you.
Q. Will the Ampjar app work on my phone?
A. Our app is available for download on the Apple App Store for iOS devices with iOS 13 or later, and through Google Play for Android devices. If you experience any loading issues, we recommend running an update on your device to ensure you have the latest version.
Q. Do I still need to use Ampjar on desktop?
A. Yes, absolutely! The mobile app is a supercharged way to Discover, Create and Share shoutouts, whilst the desktop version has a whole host of other features you can access too! You can use desktop to:
- Create an account
- Answer your brand personality quiz
- Update your brand profile card
- Set up post checkout shoutouts for your sales confirmation and thank-you pages on your online store
- View your reporting page and karma jar
- Set and update your auto-boost billing amount
- Join in an event or signup for a shoutout party
- Build and schedule your shoutouts for a later time
Q. Can I design my own templates and upload them to the app?
A. You sure can! From ‘Create’ mode, simply select the ‘Upload’ button at the top left of your screen above our template range and follow the prompts to select and upload your favorite template.
Q. What happens if I have an account but it’s no longer active?
A. Let us get that sorted for you!
If you’ve logged on using your existing email/password and receive messaging like this you can:
- Simply select the button on the page to re-instate your account
- Reach out to our team via the little blue Live Chat bubble at the bottom right of your screen and a Customer Success team member will be in touch to assist you.
Q. Why do I need to tag the brand using the Instagram link sticker?
A. Great question! Previously, shoutouts used to require brands to be tagged using the Instagram @ mention sticker so they would be notified of the shoutout. However, with the launch of our mobile app, we’ve adopted Instagram’s link functionality which means that when you add the link sticker, it enables the dual function of notifying the brand that you’ve shouted them out AND allows your followers to tap on the link to be instantly redirected to their Insta feed so they can check them out and fall in love with them too!